Hello world!July 12, 2018
- Prepare a spreadsheet of cost savings data showing efficiency gains attributable to care coordination over the course of one fiscal year, and report your key findings in an executive summary, 4–5 pages in length.
Information plays a fundamental role in health care. Providers such as physicians and hospitals create and process information as they deliver care to patients. However, managing that information and using it productively poses an ongoing challenge, particularly in light of the complexity of the U.S. health care sector, with its many diverse settings for care and types of providers and services. Health information technology (HIT) has the potential to considerably increase the productivity of the health sector by assisting providers in managing information. Furthermore, HIT can improve the quality of health care and, ultimately, the outcomes of that care for patients.
- Toggle Drawer Resources
MSN Program Journey
Please review this guide for your degree program. It can help you stay on track for your practicum experience, so you may wish to bookmark it for later reference.
- MSN Program Journey.
- Health Informatics
- Kho, S. S., Lim, S. G., Hoi, W. H., Ng, P. L., Tan, L., & Kowitlawakul, Y. (2019). The development of a diabetes application for patients with poorly controlled type 2 diabetes mellitus. CIN: Computers, Informatics, Nursing, 37(2), 99–106.
- Serafica, R., Inouye, J., Lukkahatai, N., Braginsky, N., Pacheco, M., & Daub, K. F. (2019). The use of mobile health to assist self-management and access to services in a rural community. CIN: Computers, Informatics, Nursing, 37(2), 62–72.
- Show More
- Asssessment Instructions
As the senior care coordinator in your organization, your manager has asked you to examine and report on how care coordination can generate cost savings, improve outcomes, enhance the collection of evidence-based data, and improve health care quality for the community. She would like you to compile cost savings data in a well-organized spreadsheet and present your key findings in an executive summary.
Note: Remember that you can submit all or a portion of your draft spreadsheet and executive summary to Smarthinking for feedback before you submit the final version of this assessment. If you plan on using this free service, be mindful of the turnaround time of 24–48 hours for receiving feedback.
Determine how care coordination can reduce costs. Compile your cost savings data in a spreadsheet, using Microsoft Excel or a suitable application of your choice. (If you elect to use an application other than Excel, check with faculty to avoid potential file compatibility issues.) Your spreadsheet should contain at least four cost-saving elements. Identify the cost-saving element, current costs, and anticipated savings.
Then create an executive summary using the APA Style Paper Template [DOCX]. Discuss your cost-saving elements and report key findings from your analysis.
Analyzing Cost Savings
The requirements outlined below correspond to the grading criteria in the scoring guide. Be sure that your analysis addresses each point, at a minimum. You may also want to read the Cost Savings Analysis Scoring Guide to better understand how each criterion will be assessed.
- Describe ways in which care coordination can generate cost savings.
- What are your primary evidence-based sources of information?
- Are your conclusions substantiated by the data?
- What assumptions, if any, underlie your analysis?
- Explain how care coordination can promote improved health consumerism and effect positive health outcomes.
- What evidence do you have to substantiate your claims?
- Describe at least five ways in which care coordination efforts can enhance the collection of evidence-based data and improve quality through the application of an emerging health care model.
- Choose any emerging health care model.
- Present cost savings data and information clearly and accurately.
- Support main points, claims, and conclusions with relevant and credible evidence, correctly formatting citations and references using APA style.
- Additional Requirements
Executive Summary Format and Length
Format your executive summary using APA style:
- Use the APA Style Paper Template [DOCX] provided. Be sure to include:
- A title page and references page. An abstract is not required.
- A running head on all pages.
- Appropriate section headings.
- See also the APA Style Paper Tutorial [DOCX] to help you in writing and formatting your executive summary.
- Your summary should be 4–5 pages in length, not including the title page and references page.
- Supporting Evidence
- Cite 4–5 sources of relevant and credible scholarly or professional evidence to support your cost savings analysis.
- Apply APA formatting to all in-text citations and references.
- Submit both your spreadsheet and your executive summary.
Portfolio Prompt: You may choose to save your spreadsheet and executive summary to your ePortfolio.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Code "Newclient"