Hello world!July 12, 2018
- Utilizing the list below, choose two research methods.
- Next, find two articles, one on each of the chosen methods, from the Chamberlain College library, or you may use one that is provided within the course and one you find from the library. The articles should be related to population health and infectious disease, chronic health, occupational health, global health, genomics, or environmental health:
- Randomized Control Trial
- Cohort Study
- Case-Control Study
- The articles you choose should be completely in English (this includes the reference list). They should be related to population health and speak to one of the following elements from the course: Infectious disease, chronic health, occupational health, global health, genomics or environmental health.
- Read each article and answer the following questions with detail for each article, include succinct definitions/examples or rationale as fitting to the question. Organize your answers using the number of the question you are answering (1-8). Your answers should provide more than a “yes” or “no”, your answers should provide examples, critical thinking, definitions, and examples.
- Does the study design specify a question, goal, of the study?
- Why is this important?
- Explain the methodology (Randomized Control Trial, Cohort Study, Case-Control Study).
- Describe the participant information, include recruitment. Is selection bias present?
- How is data collected?
- Are the variables identified? If yes, discuss. If no, how does this impact your interpretation of the study?
- How was the data analyzed, what statistics are provided? What are potential errors related to the study design?
- What are the weaknesses of the type of study design/method?
- Discuss the outcomes and the implications for implementation.
- Your analysis should have in-text citations and utilize a scholarly voice with APA formatting.
- a minimum of two paragraphs of 4-5 sentences for each question answered. You should integrate in-text citation(s) and be formatted with APA and a scholarly voice.
- integrate course content (such as data and correctly used course terminology) related to the study method as well as an integration of in-text citations along with a scholarly voice and APA formatting. The textbook may be utilized as a resource.
Curley, A.L. & Vitale, P.A. (2016). Population-Based Nursing: Concepts and Competencies for Advanced Practice (2nd ed.).
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Code "Newclient"