Hello world!July 12, 2018
Answer the following questions related to Vegetarianism.
- In the United States, 32% of adults eat a vegetarian diet (Vegetarianism in America, n.d.). What does the term “vegetarian” mean?
- Do you think vegetarian diets are practical? That is, can someone easily be a vegetarian while living the typical American life of being rushed and busy?
- Vegetarian diets are associated with a lower risk of obesity and diabetes as well as other chronic conditions (Marsh, Zeuschner, & Saunders, 2012). Clearly a vegetarian diet can be a healthy one, but can a vegetarian diet lack nutrients? If so, which nutrients may be lacking? How could these nutrients be measured in the body to determine if someone is deficient in them? Are there vegetarian foods that provide these nutrients or would supplementation be necessary? Are there any interactions to be aware of with the supplements that a vegetarian may take?
- Do you think that a vegetarian diet would be costlier than a nonvegetarian diet?
- Look at the meals you ate in your 3-days diet record. Do any of your meals contain no meat? Choose one of your meals that contain meat and modify it to be vegetarian. Would you eat the modified meal?
Marsh, K., Zeuschner, C., & Saunders, A. (2012). Health implications of a
vegetarian diet: A review. American Journal of Lifestyle Medicine, 6(3),
Vegetarianism in America. (n.d.). Vegetarian Times. Retrieved from
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Code "Newclient"