Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion. (2018). Partnering to heal: Teaming up against healthcare-associated infections [Video]. Available from http://health.gov/hcq/training-partnering-to-heal.asp
After you complete the video and assume the identity of each of the characters, you are to answer the six (6) questions below in a 3 to 5-page paper excluding the Title and Reference Pages. Please use the template provided. Paper must be in third-person point of view except for Question #5
Please focus on the content and concepts of the questions below. It is not necessary to discuss each of the characters in detail. What is important is to think critically about how their actions overall contributed to the outcome of the patients discussed in the video. Correlate the outcome of their overall actions to the questions below.
You may include some basic information regarding HAIs but they are not the focus of this paper so do not spend too much time discussing the different types of infections.
1. Discuss how preventing healthcare-associated infections requires both a change in behavior and a change in the organization’s culture.
2. Discuss for a change to work, healthcare providers must work in teams and hold each other accountable at every level.
3. Explain if leaders make zero-percent healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) a personal goal, how others will likely follow.
4. Explain how encouraging others to embrace infection prevention protocols requires effective communication skills, even in the face of confrontation.
5. Which character was your favorite to play and why? What could they have done differently to change the outcome?
6. What role does evidence-based practice have in preventing HAIs?
Below are the APA format references and citations for the Partnering to Heal video. Please provide correct APA format citations in your paper. Please refer to p. 177 in your APA 6th ed. Manual to learn correct format for citations for an author readily identified through abbreviations.
First in-text citation: Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (ODPHP, 2018)
ODPHP (2018) First parenthetical citation: (Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion [ODPHP], 2018)
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.